We had a gallery walk last week. If you’re not sure what that is, it’s a time where we put together everything we’ve worked on and a bunch of students / teachers / staff walk through and look at it all. We can talk through with them what we’ve worked on, why we’ve done certain things, etc. and then they leave us feedback. Sometimes it’s a bit daunting, putting your designs out there for people to look at and I guess analyse but it always ends up being really helpful. People often point out things I might not have seen, especially because I’ve been looking at the designs for ages.
So I printed a few bits out and had a slideshow going on the computer too.
It went really well. I got some pretty positive feedback about my designs and some helpful pointers about a few things that I could fix up.
Here’s a few of the pointers/feedback that I have taken on board and made changes to my designs:
- A1 Poster
- I reduced the transparency of the social media in the bottom corner so it wasn’t competing with the logo – I want people to see the logo first.
- Fixed up the ratio of the wooden background and the teal colour – wasn’t quite 50/50 and it was suggested it would look better if it was in thirds or quarters.
- There were a few places I had to fix up the kerning as well in the text
- Loyalty Cards
- I had to alter the die line a bit – I only had a gap near the bottom and it was pointed out that if it was left this way the middle section would just flop around so I added another gap to the die cut on the top.
- One line of text on the back was made smaller to make it more consistent with the text on the front of the card.
- I ended up changing the bulk of the text to navy as it stands out more on the kraft paper
- Added more teal to it in the lines and coloured boxes
- Trying to find more ways to incorporate them in more collateral.
Feel free to give me feedback on any of my work and have a look at some of my previous posts to see some better images of my work.