Studio 3 – Games Collaboration

Design, Graphic Design, Project Management

This trimester, we were encouraged to do some cross disciplinary collaborations again so myself and two other graphic designers from my class helped out with one of the games students projects. It didn’t really turn out that great because there were some communication issues with the other students. The idea changed a few times over the course of the project and they didn’t really communicate with us that it was changing. I ended up just doing some ink splatter graphics for them to use on their app store gameplay images.

These were the examples of gameplay images I was given:

So from here I came up with the following ink splatters:

So I sent these through and they liked them (I just had to modify one of the colours) but it was all good. They didn’t send through the actual gameplay shots and I haven’t heard from them again but I’ve just seen some screenshots recently and their final gameplay images are vertical (not horizontal like I’d created them for) so these are the final images.

I think it’s too late to contact them now, but if they had communicated with us better (they were quite rude to us, demanding that things be done with short notice, swearing at us and insulting one of the other designers) I think I could have come up with a few more concepts that might have worked better (and looked nicer). But I suppose it was an interesting experience as I’m learning about different types of clients and working with little information, changes of concepts, etc.