So this week’s been another big one. Three weeks left until the end of the trimester and lots to do. I have completed three of my learning contracts, started one more small one, I’ve finished a few more cards for my Art Deco playing deck and we’ve done a bit of work on our animated children’s storybook.
First up – my completed projects. I heard back from my client about the Number 47 logo and they’ve decided the plain navy blue option is their favourite so I finalised that and sent through the files to my client.
Loganlea SHS are happy with their final designs and are launching the design starting from first term next year. I received feedback from a number of the teachers and they were all really happy with the final design. They liked the way it fit in with what they already have – the star is an important symbol for the school (which is in their school logo). They also loved how “Equity in Education” was expressed – it sums up the new direction and goals/vision they are looking to achieve with the new unit.
And my EP covers. This one was fun this week. I spent a fair bit of time working on these ones. As I mentioned in my last blog post (I think it was my last one), we had a photo shoot and I’ve been trying to get the lighting right so it looks like they were actually in the photo that was taken and I had to add shadows to all the guys. I was thinking that what I’d done so far was looking good and I was ready to show the guys.
And then I got a message from my friend saying one of the boys had an idea for the covers…ok…awesome. He wanted to see what it would look like if I used the background images as masks over the photographs we’d taken. They look really cool and they’ve decided they like these ones the best.
I’ve done some more work on my playing cards. I’ve finished the Kings and the Aces so now all I have to work on is my Queens and Jokers. Not much left to do for these. I’ve used a gold foil texture and the clipping mask feature so I could add the gold into each of the characters but I;m not sure what needs to be done printing wise. So I’ve been thinking a bit about how I should go about getting these printed and what I might need to do. I’m going to have to do a bit of research I think. If I could change it I might’ve been better of creating the gold texture using a gradient or something like that but I liked the effect of the gold foil.
I’m pretty happy with how the deck is coming together.
We haven’t had too much to do on our book as we are waiting on the animations from the animators and they’re a little busy at the moment. They have told us that they’ll get it done but it’s getting a bit stressful. We just need to keep checking in with them I think. We’ve made a list of the pages that we still need the artwork for and we’ll keep that updated for them as they do each page.
I think that’s everything, maybe. Thanks for reading. Feel free to leave comments and feedback on my work 🙂