I’ve been pretty busy this week. We are in week 10 of our 13 week trimester and are now half way through our third and final project. I know you’re all wondering what I’ve been up to so here it is.
First up, we’ve put in a fair bit of work on our children’s storybook – The True Story of the Three Little Pigs. The style guide is finished and we have all of the pages set up in InDesign. There were a few different trials for the layout but we’ve decided to keep the text at the bottom to allow more space for the images/animations. Tara had her little brother narrate the story so I’ve put all the audio clips into the document as well. Now that was tricky and has taken me a little while to figure out. It was easy enough to get the file into the document and they played well and everything but when I added the audio there was a pretty ugly bar that became visible instead of the speaker icon we had placed on the page. This did not suit the style of our book at all so I’ve spent a lot of time figuring out what the best way to get rid of it. Let me tell you that the best way to do it is to make the box super, teeny, tiny. I literally made them 2px x 2px and hid it behind the speaker icon so you can’t see it. So times that by the 25ish pages our storybook is, I was having a lot of fun with my trial and error.
I’ve also been figuring out the best ways to play the animations for each page. I’ve settled for allowing the video to play once the page is loaded, set them on a loop so the animation keeps playing and the video will stop once the page is turned. These are some of the background images that have been drawn up for us (they are amazing!!!).
And now for some updates for the side projects I’m working on:
I finished off the letterhead and business cards for Loganlea’s Learning Education Centre and have sent them, as well as the logo, through to my client and just awaiting their reply to make sure they are happy with everything.
I’ve also spent some time on the EP covers. I’m working hard on trying to get the lighting right and matching them to the background images I’m working with. Getting there slowly but they all still need a bit of work.
And just because I don’t seem to have been doing enough, I decided that I’d like to finish my Art Deco Playing Cards Deck. Brilliant idea! So I’ve finished all the number cards and the Jacks and am now working on the Kings, Queens, Aces and the Joker. #iimmediateleyregretthisdecision
And that’s been my week. Fun times.